Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Debit Machine


If the only words of affirmation you’ve heard today came from a debit machine “You are approved,”  then you've come to the right place.

I love reminding people of how awesome they are.   This might be hard for some of you to read. I get that. There was a time in my life where I was at a women’s retreat, and the speaker wanted everyone to sing, “Jesus loves me.” I. Could. Not. Do. It.  Even worse, I felt like an idiot sitting there in stony silence, struggling to hold in the shame and guilt while everyone else around me laughed at the silliness of singing a child’s song. The song undid me. I couldn’t even leave for the bathroom to pull myself together out of fear I’d catch someone’s eye on the way out and breaking down.
Over time  I became better equipped and was able to deflect the compliments with a laugh. It was still a protection.  But a protection against what?
Strangely, the good things that have been so hard for me to receive are so easy for me to see in other people. Are you the same way?  I'm working on being able to hear positive things about myself.  There are many things outside of us that comes against our value, and I think it's important we don't do it to ourselves as well. 

Why is it important to grasp it about ourselves? There is an old saying, "Treat others as you want to be treated." or again, "Love others as you love yourself."  I believe the way we see others is strongly influenced by the way we view ourselves. 

Is it easy for you to hear positive things about yourself?  Well, let's test it. :) Here's some positive things I feel about my readers, about You. And I mean them from the bottom of my heart.  So here it goes;

In case you haven’t heard it lately, You are really cool.  You’ve got talents that you don’t even realize you have. All the hopes of where you thought you’d be, and what you wanted to achieve is still possible, even if you don’t see a way at this time.  You've a lot to accomplish yet.

There is no one like you, and you are a vital piece of the puzzle.  The best example that is coming to me is colors.  There are millions of colors, each so important, each one adding to life. If you take one away, it will be missed, even if the color was subtle. That's how you are.
You are beautiful, amazing, deep, thoughtful, hilarious, brave, creative, and smart. You are stronger than you think.

Don’t measure your value on your success, or your perceived failures, or the mistakes you have made, or what someone has told you.  Don't measure your value based on the people around you. You are a fiery piece of humanity, and in my belief, made in God’s image.

I'm glad you're here, reading my blog. I'm honored!  I hope you have a great day.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment