Monday, February 24, 2014

Wow, it's been a crazy week! As things calm down for me I am enjoying hearing the feedback. One reader told me about some of their family problems. I was reminded that family estrangement isn't always between parent and child, but sometimes between siblings.

And it hurts.

I wish I knew how to help with that. In my own experiences I've learned that the estrangement/problem isn't a choice of mine. The situation is a result of their choice. And there is nothing I can do to fix it. We are held, in some ways, at the mercy of their choices, but we are the ones grieving the loss.

It may never feel "okay," inside of us, even as we have to move on. It's important to acknowledge our feelings, and our loss. And to make sure we aren't feeling guilty.

It's important to let them take ownership of their own choices.

There is beauty that can come from these ashes. It might not be a lot, but it will show itself at some point.

(((((((((((big hug to those who need it)))))))))))))))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment