Friday, June 20, 2014

Shout-Out to one of my favorite books!

Hey, Happy Friday! Hope you all have a relaxing weekend coming up!

I was talking with a young man today about some discouragement he is going through. It reminded me of how many people struggle with feeling condemned. That crappy feeling makes us feel we will never "get there." "Why would God love me anyway? I don't do anything right?"

So, without further ado, here is one of my favorite books. It's called He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not 

http://www.amazon.com/He-Loves-Me-Learning-Affection-ebook/dp/B001FB20S8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403286226&sr=1-1&keywords=he+loves+me+he+loves+me+not

I really appreciated this book. It reminded me that I'm not alone in the way I feel. People all around me are struggling with the same stuff, even if they don't show it.  We all mess up. Every single day. It's part of being human.

This book talks about the cycle condemnation puts us through. One minute everything is good in life, God loves us, we are doing ok... and the next, Bam! We feel like we failed, we did something that is unfixable, or we ruined something.

If you feel like this, ((((((((((((((((((Big hug))))))))))))))))))))) You aren't alone. God loves you so much. He has a plan to bring beauty even out of this. It's going to work out. You're going to be okay.

Check out the book! I think you can read a good sample right on your computer if you click the cover. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment