Monday, June 2, 2014

Fear is the Memory of Pain

Today I read a great thought- Fear is the memory of pain.

What do you think of that? I can easily see how my fear is connected to my memories of past pain. So the next question is, how do I over-come that fear?

I've heard that some fear is good; don't touch the stove or you will get burned. But is it possible that even that fear is a trap? Like maybe it would be better to call that learned wisdom, instead of fear.

Because fear for me always has a negative effect on me. Wisdom never does. Wisdom is empowering, fear is a bondage that hold me back.

Actually, now that I'm writing this, I don't think fear protects us from anything. It keeps us in a state of agitation, stress, nervousness, or even panicky. The more fear I experience, the more I shut down.

Wisdom is something that builds on itself in a positive way. It opens doors.

I think that's true even for God. I used to fear him. Maybe I still do, because He is still largely unknown. All I really know about him is that he loves. But the deeper I press in, the more he loves, and shows me he accepts me. If I fear him, fear punishment, I just want to run.

I think in a healthy family relationship, with a healthy dad, we can understand who God is a little more. Dads are suppose to love their little girls. Their daughters are their princesses. Daddy's love their little girls in a way that enables the daughters to be who they really are. They protect them, encourage them, listen to them, and are proud of them. I've been blessed to see my husband be a wonderful dad.

It's not what I experienced from a father. But I don't want fear to connect the memories of past pain to inhibit me from knowing love now.  I can exercise some wisdom now instead.

Ahh my blog is more of a wandering through my thoughts..... Hope your thoughts are good today! have a great week-
CeeCee

No comments:

Post a Comment