Monday, January 27, 2014


A quick thought for today- Recently, I went out to lunch with some friends. As we shared our daily events with one another, there was a running theme. Over and over one I heard examples of how it’s extremely difficult, if not impossible to have growth in a relationship where someone has severely hurt you (through rejection, betrayal, lying, broken trust) if the other person doesn’t own what they did.

It’s also seems common that the other person usually doesn’t want to own what they did. My friend explained it so well. In long term abuse, she said, “They’re afraid to admit what they did because then they’d have to see all the other stuff they’ve been ignoring in their life.”

That makes sense to me. I see it in my own parents. Again, if you find yourself in a place where you are struggling in a relationship that’s constantly causing you pain, my best advice is to refer you to the book- BOUNDARIES. You are worth it!

Just another thought…. If you feel like you need to apologize to someone, I just want to encourage you that you are amazing, and brave. It can be scary to say those words, and I am in your corner if you need support. J

No comments:

Post a Comment